Vet Worthy provides military veterans, spouses, children, and caretakers with connections to career and financial planning, job development, and skills training support. In addition, military families are connected to the necessary community resources such as mental health counseling, housing assistance, food assistance, and legal aid. The program specifically targets post 9/11 veterans and female veterans; however, it is open to any veteran with a discharge other than dishonorable.
Goodwill provides veterans and their families with the following services:
- Intake and referral
- Career and financial assessment
- Career mapping
- Referrals to occupational training (both internal to North Texas Institute and external to community partners)
- Vocational assessment
- Job readiness and job search training
- Job application
- Resume writing
- Cover letters
- Basic computer skills
- Interview skills and mock interviews
- Life skills and confidence building
- Job search strategies for individuals with criminal backgrounds
- Job placement services
- Job retention and continued career planning/advancement
Operation Good Jobs
Operation Good Jobs offers services to the large number of unemployed/underemployed veterans in and around Tarrant County. OGJ provides veterans (including National Guard and Reserves) with job placement, financial literacy, and career credentialing in high-demand areas. Veterans develop a career map to identify next steps, long-term career goals, and a comprehensive financial stability portfolio, looking at financial needs now and forecasting long-term financial plans after job placement.
For more information, call 817-332-7866 and ask for the Veteran Services Department. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.