About North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTI)
At the North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTI), we believe in empowering students by providing training and meaningful job skills to prepare for the workforce.
Thank you for considering NTI for your educational needs. NTI is owned and operated by Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth. At NTI, we emphasize quality and individual attention in our training programs. NTI currently offers training programs in professional truck driving, forklift certification and hospitality – guest room attendant.
Professional Truck Driver Training (CDL)
NTI’s Professional Truck Driver Training program is designed to teach students to master the skills for the entry-level tractor-trailer driver; that is, the minimum training required to become a CDL driver. This is only available at the Fort Worth campus of NTI.
Length: 200 clock hours over 7 weeks
Class Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
We also offer a week-long CDL Recertification program.
NTI’s Forklift Certification Training program certifies students in six Occupational and Health Administration (OSHA) modules for forklift operation.
- Driving, turning, lifting, loading, unloading, and forklift attachments and more.
- Center of gravity of the lift truck, proper turning in loading ramps, and loading 52’ trucks.
- Pre-Operational safety checks, hazards and safety reports.
- V11 classes of fork lift use and safety.
- LP gas and electric, and fuel type forklifts.
- Battery installation and maintenance.
Length: Four Hours
Class Schedule: Every third Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Admission Requirements: 18 years old, valid Driver’s License/State Issued ID and SSN card
Hospitality Training Program – Hotel Guest Room
NTI’s Hospitality Training Program certifies students through the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and prepares them for a career at 4-and 5-Star hotel facilities. This is only available at the Fort Worth campus of NTI.
Length: 4 Weeks (approximately)
Class Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
On-Site Job Shadowing: Omni Fort Worth Hotel and Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
NTI admits any persons having a high school diploma from an accredited high school or the recognized equivalent of such a diploma (such as a G.E.D. certificate).
Those desiring to apply to NTI should contact the school or one of its admissions representatives.
NTI is also an Ability-To-Benefit school that accepts TABE test scores.
Prior to being accepted, an applicant must:
- Be interviewed by an admissions representative
- Complete an enrollment agreement
- Submit other information that may be required to determine qualifications
An applicant may apply at any time but must begin class on a set starting date. Classes have limited enrollment. If you have any questions about our classes and course schedules, please contact 817-332-7866.
NTI offers a range of plans to assist students in financing their career training. NTI also has scholarship opportunities for qualified individuals. NTI programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Texas Workforce Commission’s Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA), as well as CAPWORKS (Community Action Partners: City of Fort Worth).
Employers that work with NTI’s career services department have the advantage of hiring job-ready graduates.
How employers benefit from a partnership with NTI:
- Free job postings
- Pre-screened resumes
- Candidate matching
- Free recruitment
- Quick and accurate reference checking
- Certification verification
- Externship opportunities
Career Services at NTI is committed to provide quality employment assistance to every student, influencing student enrollment, and reinforcing our students’ desire to graduate. Career Services believes in teaching our graduates job skills, interviewing techniques, and social skills which promote long-term job retention. The Career Services Department is constantly developing and maintaining relationships with employers to mutually benefit the student, employer, and the school.
Career Services provided to the NTI Graduate:
- Assistance in preparation of resumes, cover letters and interviewing skills
- Job coaching services to improve or enhance interviewing and/or job-seeking skills
- Advice and information on job leads in specific areas of training
- Continuous and individual job placement assistance
* Unresolved grievances can be directed to:
Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools & Colleges 101 E. 15th Street Austin, Texas 78778-0001 or to www.texasworkforce.org/careerschools.
NORTH TEXAS INSTITUTE FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
STUDENT COMPLAINT POLICY/GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
- North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTI) has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas with the TWC-assigned school numbers of: S0743.
- The school’s programs are approved by TWC and other Texas agencies that have oversight responsibilities for specific programs including the Texas Workforce Commission Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWC VRS); Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS); and the Department of Public Safety (DPS).
- Students must address their concerns about this school or any of its educational programs by following the complaint/grievance process outlined in the school’s catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with this school’s response to their complaint or who are not able to file a complaint with the school, can file a formal complaint with TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with TWC can be found on TWC’s website at www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.