About North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTI)
At the North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTI), we believe in empowering students by providing training and meaningful job skills to prepare for the workforce.
Thank you for considering NTI for your educational needs. NTI is owned and operated by Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth. At NTI, we emphasize quality and individual attention in our training programs. NTI currently offers training programs in professional truck driving.
Professional Truck Driver Training (CDL)
NTI’s Professional Truck Driver Training program is designed to teach students to master the skills for the entry-level tractor-trailer driver; that is, the minimum training required to become a CDL driver. This is only available at the Fort Worth campus of NTI.
Length: 200 clock hours over 5 weeks
Class Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
We also offer a week-long CDL Recertification program.
Hospitality Training Program – Hotel Guest Room & Front Desk Attendant
NTI’s Hospitality Training Program certifies students through the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and prepares them for a career at Four and Five Star hotel facilities. This is only available at the Fort Worth campus of NTI.
Length: 4 Weeks (approximately)
Class Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
On-Site Job Shadowing: Omni Fort Worth Hotel and Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
NTI admits any persons having a high school diploma from an accredited high school, or the recognized equivalent of such a diploma (such as a G.E.D. certificate).
Those desiring to apply to NTI should contact the school or one of its admissions representatives.
NTI is also an Ability-To-Benefit school that accepts TABE test scores.
Prior to being accepted, an applicant must:
- Be interviewed by an admissions representative
- Complete an enrollment agreement
- Submit other information that may be required to determine qualifications
An applicant may apply at any time but must begin class on a set starting date. Classes have limited enrollment. If you have any questions about our classes and course schedules, please contact 817-332-7866.
NTI offers a range of plans to assist students in financing their career training. NTI also has scholarship opportunities for qualified individuals. NTI programs are approved by the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services and Texas Workforce Commission’s Workforce Investment Act (WIA). NTI is also an approved provider to train individuals under the GI Bill.
Employers that work with NTI’s career services department have the advantage of hiring job-ready graduates.
How employers benefit from a partnership with NTI:
- Free job postings
- Pre-screened resumes
- Candidate matching
- Free recruitment
- Quick and accurate reference checking
- Certification verification
- Externship opportunities
Career Services at NTI is committed to provide quality employment assistance to every student, influencing student enrollment, and reinforcing our students’ desire to graduate. Career Services believes in teaching our graduates job skills, interviewing techniques, and social skills which promote long-term job retention. The Career Services Department is constantly developing and maintaining relationships with employers to mutually benefit the student, employer, and the school.
Career Services provided to the NTI Graduate:
- Assistance in preparation of resumes, cover letters, and interviewing skills
- Job coaching services to improve or enhance interviewing and/or job-seeking skills
- Advice and information on job leads in specific areas of training
- Continuous and individual job placement assistance
* Unresolved grievances can be directed to:
Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools & Colleges 101 E. 15th Street Austin, Texas 78778-0001 or to www.texasworkforce.org/careerschools.
NORTH TEXAS INSTITUTE FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
STUDENT COMPLAINT POLICY/GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
- North Texas Institute for Career Development (NTI) has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to operate a career school or college in the state of Texas with the TWC-assigned school numbers of: S0743.
- The school’s programs are approved by TWC and other Texas agencies that have oversight responsibilities for specific programs including the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS); Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS); and the Department of Public Safety (DPS).
- Students must address their concerns about this school or any of its educational programs by following the complaint/grievance process outlined in the school’s catalog.
- Students dissatisfied with this school’s response to their complaint or who are not able to file a complaint with the school, can file a formal complaint with TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
- Information on filing a complaint with TWC can be found on TWC’s website at www.texasworkforce.org/careerschoolstudents.