The Goodwill Industries Empowerment Scholarship will award a total of four individuals up to $1,300 per academic year ($650 per semester). Two scholarships will be awarded to individuals who start the academic year with the fall semester and the other two will be for individuals starting in the spring semester.
Institutional scholarships are provided to assist academically deserving students who have a documented disability; however, students with demonstrated financial need will also be considered. All scholarships and other financial aid already awarded will be taken into consideration when determining eligibility.
Recipients of the institutional scholarship are required to:
- Be enrolling as a first-time student in college or returning student with fewer than 90 commutative college credit hours attempted.
- Pursuing an Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree at an accredited college or university.
- Enrolled for a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- Have and maintain a satisfactory GPA (2.00-4.00).
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be a resident of Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth service area.
- Have a documented disability and/or demonstrate a financial need.
- Not be related to any of the Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth Board Members.
Complete and submit to the Office of Enrollment/Financial Services a Scholarship Application with the items listed below:
- An official college academic transcript from all colleges previously attended
- A one-page essay about yourself explaining your family background, personal interest, what you plan to study, and why you want to further your education
- Entering freshmen must submit a high school transcript
- For consideration as a disabled applicant, please provide proof of disability from a recognized state, federal, or medical/psychological authority
- A copy of your (or your family’s) previous year’s Federal Tax Return
Selection of Recipients
Selections will be based on a student’s overall academic progress, disability, financial need, extracurricular activities, leadership skills, and participation in community activities.
Notice of Awards
Students will be notified by e-mail or mail of any scholarship award or denial.
Renewal of Scholarship
Scholarship awards are for one academic year. Students are welcome to reapply for a scholarship award for subsequent academic years. Additional consideration of the application will be given for academic progress. (Grades/progress reports should be submitted along with applications.) Please attach a separate sheet describing how the scholarship benefited you and why it should be renewed.
Revocation of Aid
The Office of Enrollment/Financial Services reserves the right to cancel any scholarship or aid awarded at any time if the applicant fails to meet the standards of academic progress, any other scholarship requirements, or falsifies information reported. The Office of Enrollment/Financial Services may ask at any time for grades/progress reports from the student who was awarded a scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Fall Semester – April 15
Spring Semester – October 15