Start Your New Year Right with Goodwill
When you’re thinking about New Year’s resolutions, Goodwill probably isn’t the first thing to come to your mind, but maybe it should be. Here are 5 reasons to think of Goodwill as you plan your 2019 resolutions:
- Learn: Didn’t finish high school? Did you know that Goodwill Fort Worth has two programs that can help you earn your GED or high school diploma? E2 specifically targets displaced youth in Tarrant County who are out of school, aged 16-24, and that are experiencing barriers to employment and education. Providing high school equivalency preparation courses and paid work experience, E2 gives students individualized mentoring and coaching, life and job readiness courses, as well as connections to further employment and education opportunities. GoodED is our newest program, offering the chance for ages 16+ to complete their high school diploma online and receive a career certificate at the same time!
- Change Jobs: Looking to change careers or find a better fit? Goodwill Fort Worth has a career school – North Texas Institute for Career Development, where you can train to become a CDL Professional Truck Driver, learn to operate a forklift or get the skills you need to work in a 5-star hotel through our Hospitality Training Program. If you just to brush up your interviewing skills or put a new coat of paint on your resume, visit any of our five area Job Resource Centers for free help in finding your new gig.
- Declutter: Need to make some space? When you think of Goodwill, you probably think of donations. If there are items in your home taking up space, give them to Goodwill! When you donate to Goodwill Fort Worth, we resell the items in our retail stores to earn money to fund our mission of providing jobs and job training for individuals in need. Getting rid of your old junk does more than just clean your house, it changes lives.
- Save: Just looking to save a few bucks and get your budget back on track? Take advantage of our monthly sale days to get 50% off items in our retail stores. You can get the same great looks for less on these sale days. And, if you’re a member of the military, check our social media pages often for alerts on special discount days throughout the year in honor of your service.
- Give Back: Looking for ways to give back to the community? There are several ways to volunteer your time or donate financially to Goodwill Fort Worth. Volunteering at Goodwill is a great way to make an impact on the lives of people in our community who need a hand up. And every dollar we receive impacts the number of services we’re able to provide to individuals in need, right here at home.
For more information on Goodwill Fort Worth’s services, visit our website to see a full list of programs.