Donation Drives are a great way for your school or organization to earn money by giving to a good cause.
The program is simple:
- We deliver a donation trailer with bins to your site on the scheduled event date.
- Your organization trasports all donations to the trailer.
- Goodwill attendant(s) will be on hand for six hours to pack the bin(s) with acceptable donations.
A pre-collected, 15-bin minimum is required. Your organization will receive $50 for each bin. Goodwill will not schedule a donation drive event date until it has been determined by Goodwill staff that your organization has reached the 15-bin minimum.
For more information or to schedule your event, contact us at 817-332-7866 x2036 or x2119 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodwill always acts in the best interest of public safety, and for that reason, there are some items that legally we cannot accept. We never want you to make the trip to a donation center only to be turned away when items do not meet current safety regulations. Below we have provided a link to recalled items and a list of unacceptable items, as well as tips for making the donation process easier for you.
- Separate clothing from household items in boxes or bags.
- Wash or dry-clean clothing. Keep shoes paired by using a rubber band.
- Wrap breakables in newspaper and place in boxes.
- Test electrical equipment (wrap cords around items) and battery-operated items.
- Include all pieces and parts to children’s games and toys.
- If donating a vehicle, include clear title and keys.
- Clean computer hard drives of personal and business information and include the operating system.
- Postmark or hand-deliver all financial contributions by December 31.
- Leave items unattended outside a collection center.
- Donate broken or soiled items.
- Give items that have been recalled, banned, or do not meet current safety standards. For more information, visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Items We Cannot Accept
Due to the high cost of disposal and stringent government regulations, Goodwill cannot accept the following items. Thank you for your understanding.
- Any televisions
- Paint, cleaning supplies, or other hazardous materials
- Mattresses, box springs, bed pillows, and water bed components
- Broken, stained, or worn furniture
- Plumbing or building supplies
- Automobile parts or tires
- Hot water heaters, water softeners, and furnaces
- Inoperable or damaged appliances
Thank you for your donation. You are making a difference in the lives of real people in our community.