Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth proudly offers the Altamesa Community Room free of charge to approved* community organizations for meetings Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. and on Sundays from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Complete the form below to request use of the space.
Altamesa Community Room Facility Use Policies
The designated user, as it appears on the user form, is responsible for monitoring the conduct of all guests and enforcing room use policies. The user must be present the entire time of the usage. It is the designated user’s responsibility to advise any and all “co-hosts” of the rules and policies as set forth in this document.
- Reservations are accepted for Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. rentals and Sunday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. rentals.
- All deposits must be paid in full at the time of booking. There will be a refundable $100 security deposit required for any and all events requiring audio/visual capabilities or involving catering.
- The use of PA equipment, musical instruments and/or DJ equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Occupants must not disrupt business or interrupt customer experience in retail store.
- Room heating and air conditioning are connected to the retail store and cannot be adjusted.
- The community room is not an enclosed space, in-store radio and customer noise can be heard inside the room and cannot be controlled.
- Use includes use of 10 tables and 38 chairs. If additional equipment is brought in from an outside vendor it must be approved by Goodwill Fort Worth staff prior to the event.
- Guests are confined to the rented rooms as described by the Facility Use Form except for restroom usage.
- Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth and the Altamesa Community Room is a smoke-free site. Smoking will not be allowed indoors or in the parking lot.
- During the time the facility is used, the user shall obey all laws of the State of Texas and the ordinances of the City of Fort Worth and shall allow no nuisance, undue noise or disturbance.
- The Community Room will be available at the designated start time and not before. The Community Room must be vacated at usage finish time (this includes all clean up). Community Room exterior doors will be locked at the time the use is scheduled to end.
- All use must conclude by 9:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 7:00 p.m. Sunday.
- All rules and regulations will be strictly enforced.
- User agrees to reimburse Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth for the total cost of damage to and/or replacement of property and facilities for which the user is responsible. User is also responsible for the extended costs which may include: excessive clean up required by Goodwill Fort Worth personnel. Costs will be billed to the user.
- Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth reserves the right to deny a facility usage to any person or organization for any reason at any time. Scheduled usage can be canceled by Goodwill Fort Worth due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Groups composed of minors (under 18 years old) must be supervised by one adult for every 20 minors. Minors must be under adult supervision at all times.
- Blocking emergency doors is prohibited. Exterior doors may not be propped open.
- The room is available to you and your guests only for the time specified in your Facility Use Form. Convenient unloading space is located at the front of the building directly in front of the Altamesa Community Room doors. Please plan to move your vehicle immediately after unloading as this space is in the fire lane.
- Decorations: To preserve our facilities, the use of glue, tape, tacks, nails, staples, confetti, glitter or other similar products are prohibited.
- All preparation time (set-up time) must be included in your use time and must take place immediately prior to your event (one continuous block of time). Preparation time needed (decoration, delivery of supplies, set up, food delivery, etc.) must be scheduled at the time of booking. Communicate the specified use time with all vendors. THE FACILITY WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE BEFORE THE USE PERIOD STATED ON THE FACILITY USE FORM.
- Audio/Visual Equipment: There is A/V capability via HDMI cable connection to a mounted 50″ television. Groups are welcome to bring in their own equipment and use television with a $100 refundable security deposit. It is important to test audio/visual or laptop connections prior to your event during our business hours. Goodwill Fort Worth staff have basic knowledge of our operating system but will not be responsible for technical connection issues.
- ALL REMAINING SUPPLIES, DECORATIONS, FOOD AND BEVERAGES MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE FACILITY IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE EVENT. IF USING A CATERER THEY MUST REMOVE THEIR EQUIPMENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE EVENT (including boxes, crates, supplies, etc.). Alcohol is prohibited.
*Goodwill Industries of Fort Worth reserves the right to refuse service to any organization not fitting with the culture of our organization. Final decisions on approved organizations will be made by the Vice President of Community Engagement and the President & Chief Executive Officer. All decisions will fall within the guidelines of Federal and State laws.