In celebration of Earth Day, 2011, Goodwill is holding a "Goodwill Goes Green Contest." Show us your best recycled or repurposed item from Goodwill and you could win a $250 shopping spree!
All contest participants must repurpose an item purchased from one of 19 Goodwill of Fort Worth stores. (i.e. clothing, furniture, electronics, etc.)
To enter, each participant must turn in:
Goodwill store receipt of purchased item(s)
Before and after photos of the repurposed item
The total cost of the finished product (total investment)
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creative re-use of item purchased from Goodwill
- Overall aesthetic design
Deadline for entries is Sunday, April 17.
Please deliver entries to a store manager at any Goodwill of Fort Worth retail location.
Great contest entry ideas include:
- Buy a piece of furniture and re-finish it using paint, stain, or decorative appliques.
- Decopage photos, pages from books, etc., onto furniture, lamps, vases, to create a personal and trendy accessory.
- Using purchased ceramic plates, break them and make a mosaic table, stepping stones, pot holders, picture frames, etc.
- Re-make a Goodwill lamp with fringe, paint, jewels (from purchased costume jewelry). Do the same for a hanging light fixture or chandelier.
- Re-sew and re-create garments. Combine pieces, textures, and styles to create a one-of-a-kind fashion.
There are so many creative ways to re-use and recycle what you find at Goodwill. We look forward to seeing your entries! Thanks for supporting Goodwill, and thank you for recycling!